|Delectable soups from favorite Provincetown restaurants highlight|
Souper Saturday, a benefit for Provincetown's remarkable soup kitchen.
- On PTown Streets During Carnival Week...
- Fabled Foodie Anthony Bourdain Visits Old PTown Haunts, Where He Started Out
- PTown's Best Lobster Roll, Chapter One
- See Hawthorne's Artwork at Town Hall
- Provincetown's Oldest House, and a Tale of Two Time Capsules
- End of an Era for Adams Pharmacy
- It's Souper Saturday, Benefitting Provincetown's Amazing Soup Kitchen
- Bem-vindo ao Provincetown! It's PTown's Annual Portuguese Festival, Thru Sunday.
- In Celebration of Nachos, and the Man Who Invented Them!
- Tall Ship Kalmar Nyckel Sails PTown Harbor and Beyond
Thursday, December 1, 2016
Souper Saturday Warms Provincetown, Body and Soul
The Soup Kitchen In Provincetown (SKIP) will host its annual “Souper” Saturday lunch on Saturday, December 3, from 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM, at Tin Pan Alley, located at number 269 Commercial St, directly across from Town Hall.
More than two-dozen local restaurants and businesses will offer delicious, hearty soups for a donation of $5 per serving in this wonderful fundraiser that has become a favorite event during Holly Folly, PTown’s annual holiday celebration.
Enjoy live music by pianist Jim Brosseau and other area performers along with your delicious lunch, with all proceeds helping to provide roughly 13,000 meals for Outer Cape residents over this coming winter. SKIP merchandise such as T-shirts, caps and mugs will also be available for purchase.
Weekdays from November through April, SKIP serves hot, nutritious meals at the United Methodist Church on Shank Painter Road. Lunch is free and open to all. Guests begin gathering as early as noon for the 12:30 PM lunch, spending time with friends or browsing the adjoining thrift shop. Many will linger afterward for socializing amongst a wide cross-section of local residents.
These meals can help to fill the gap in an economy that stretches the budgets of people who may have little or no income during the winter months. For others, joining friends for lunch can provide a feeling of community and a much-needed gathering place in a season that can feel rather desolate without the pace of the summer and the crowds in the streets.
Join us at Tin Pan Alley on Saturday for this great fundraising lunch, and if you’re in town over the winter, join us weekdays through April at The Soup Kitchen, for a good meal and a bit of fellowship. If you can’t attend, you might consider sending a check. Donations are tax-deductible and can be sent to SKIP at PO Box 538, Provincetown, MA 02657.