- Sail Aboard a Tall Ship, the Kalmar Nyckel, While She's in Provincetown
- Despite This Cold Weather, Thousands Enjoy First Light Provincetown, Our 6-Day Celebration of the New Year!
- Provincetown's Oldest House, and a Tale of Two Time Capsules
- End of an Era for Adams Pharmacy
- Mid-April Snow Storm in Provincetown Actually Brought a Pleasant Tranquility
- Provincetown's Best Lobster Roll May Well Be at John's Footlong, a Best Bite
- It's Souper Saturday, Benefitting Provincetown's Amazing Soup Kitchen
- Drift Whaling or Strandings Brought an Occasional Bonus to Provincetown Shores.
- PTown Snow Brought Dramatic Photo Ops
- Box Lunch Clam Chowder Earns TheYearRounder's 'Best Bite' Award
Friday, June 17, 2016
All over town, and stretching out as far as Wellfleet, there are films, seminars, talks, parties, and events honoring both filmmakers and actors, not to mention various awards to be bestowed on both first-timers and seasoned veterans of the movie industry.
Watch for stars like Cynthia Nixon and Illeana Douglas, and director Ang Lee, among others, any of whom might be found this week walking or pedaling a bicycle down Commercial Street.
You've missed your chance (Thursday morning) to hear Ms Douglas (Goodfellas, Cape Fear, To Die For, Grace of My Heart) talk about her passion for film. But Ms Nixon, this year's Excellence in Acting awardee, and Mr Lee, who is named as this year's Filmmaker on the Edge, will share the stage at Town Hall Saturday at 5 PM as they receive their awards and talk about their work.
As always, this amazing festival brings something for everyone, with feature films, shorts, foreign language, animation, multinational films, narratives, documentaries, student works, character studies, dramas, comedies, a couple of past favorites, and a couple of films with unflinching scenes of things that are downright hard to watch.
The goal of the Provincetown Film Society, and the point of this marvelous annual festival, is "to make Provincetown the global destination for creative exploration in film," and each year we stretch a bit closer to that lofty ambition. We thank the few actual staff members, the tremendous legion of volunteers, the filmmakers who travel all this way, and the local and national sponsors that make this wonderful event possible.
Now go on, get out and see a couple of movies. For some of these, this may be your only chance, ever, to see them.
Key Words: Celebrities, Entertainment, Events, Festivals, Film, Film Festival, Hot Ticket, Movies, Parties, Photo Ops, PIFF, Provincetown Film Society, Volunteer Opportunities
Location:Provincetown, MA USA Provincetown International Film Festival, Provincetown, MA 02657, USA