- PTown's Best Lobster Roll, Chapter One
- End of an Era for Adams Pharmacy
- What's New? - Paddleboarding
- Sail Aboard a Tall Ship, the Kalmar Nyckel, While She's in Provincetown
- Fabled Foodie Anthony Bourdain Visits Old PTown Haunts, Where He Started Out
- Provincetown's Oldest House, and a Tale of Two Time Capsules
- PTown's Best Ice Cream? Lets Find Out, Part One: The Odyssey Begins
- The New York Times Called Him "The Johnny Appleseed of Environmental Art"
- The Spectacular Provincetown Sky, Opus 2
- PTown's Punctilious Parking Protocol
Friday, June 17, 2016
PIFF Brings More Than 50 Movies and Events to Provincetown Over Five Days
All over town, and stretching out as far as Wellfleet, there are films, seminars, talks, parties, and events honoring both filmmakers and actors, not to mention various awards to be bestowed on both first-timers and seasoned veterans of the movie industry.
Watch for stars like Cynthia Nixon and Illeana Douglas, and director Ang Lee, among others, any of whom might be found this week walking or pedaling a bicycle down Commercial Street.
You've missed your chance (Thursday morning) to hear Ms Douglas (Goodfellas, Cape Fear, To Die For, Grace of My Heart) talk about her passion for film. But Ms Nixon, this year's Excellence in Acting awardee, and Mr Lee, who is named as this year's Filmmaker on the Edge, will share the stage at Town Hall Saturday at 5 PM as they receive their awards and talk about their work.
As always, this amazing festival brings something for everyone, with feature films, shorts, foreign language, animation, multinational films, narratives, documentaries, student works, character studies, dramas, comedies, a couple of past favorites, and a couple of films with unflinching scenes of things that are downright hard to watch.
The goal of the Provincetown Film Society, and the point of this marvelous annual festival, is "to make Provincetown the global destination for creative exploration in film," and each year we stretch a bit closer to that lofty ambition. We thank the few actual staff members, the tremendous legion of volunteers, the filmmakers who travel all this way, and the local and national sponsors that make this wonderful event possible.
Now go on, get out and see a couple of movies. For some of these, this may be your only chance, ever, to see them.
Key Words: Celebrities, Entertainment, Events, Festivals, Film, Film Festival, Hot Ticket, Movies, Parties, Photo Ops, PIFF, Provincetown Film Society, Volunteer Opportunities
Location:Provincetown, MA USA Provincetown International Film Festival, Provincetown, MA 02657, USA