- End of an Era for Adams Pharmacy
- PTown's Best Lobster Roll, Chapter One
- Goodbye to a PTown Summer, and Farewell to Our Friend Khris Francis
- Enjoy Provincetown's Amazing Bike Trails
- Restaurants, Shops and Galleries Open as Provincetown's 2015 Season Begins
- Fabled Foodie Anthony Bourdain Visits Old PTown Haunts, Where He Started Out
- On PTown Streets During Carnival Week...
- Provincetown's Oldest House, and a Tale of Two Time Capsules
- A Bit of History Lies Beneath Fanizzi's Restaurant, Once Again Open Daily
- PTown Snow Brought Dramatic Photo Ops
Thursday, August 9, 2018
Hot Ticket: Favorite Poem Project Benefits PTown's Fine Arts Work Center Fri Aug 10
On Friday night we'll be treated to a remarkable evening of "favorite poems" read by luminaries from the worlds of music, theater, politics, journalism, art, and, of course, poetry. The program is a benefit for the Fine Arts Work Center, at 24 Pearl Street in Provincetown. Each year FAWC helps to raise up a new crop of emerging writers and visual artists through various fellowships and programs of the center.
The diversity of the night's readers is evidenced above. From acclaimed playwright Tony Kushner to genius singer/songwriter Patty Larkin, from State Senator Julian Cyr to renowned poet Eileen Myles, this manifold group of readers will no doubt bring us a presentation that is both thought provoking and entertaining. Writer/director/actor Ryan Landry has a bit of a bad boy image, but I'm willing to bet that he'll surprise us one way or another with his selection, because that's what he does.
Whether you prefer open seating or priority, which includes reserved seats and an After Party with the readers, you'll want to get tickets right away. Click here for tickets or go online later at fawc.org/tickets/. Don't miss this week's Hot Ticket!