|The Coffee Pot's ham, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich is a PTown favorite.|
- End of an Era for Adams Pharmacy
- PTown's Best Lobster Roll, Chapter One
- Enjoy Provincetown's Amazing Bike Trails
- Provincetown's Oldest House, and a Tale of Two Time Capsules
- A Bit of History Lies Beneath Fanizzi's Restaurant, Once Again Open Daily
- Fabled Foodie Anthony Bourdain Visits Old PTown Haunts, Where He Started Out
- Mac's Fish House Ranks High in Our Quest for PTown's Best Clam Chowders
- PTown's Best Ice Cream? Lets Find Out, Part One: The Odyssey Begins
- Get Off the Beaten Path to Find PTown Treasures, Public Art and Hidden Jewels
- The New York Times Called Him "The Johnny Appleseed of Environmental Art"
Saturday, April 5, 2014
Happy 25th Anniversary to The Coffee Pot
The Coffee Pot, at Lopes Square, opened April 1st for its 25th season in Provincetown. I was there on opening day for my first ham, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich of this chilly spring. It’s one of my very favorite quick breakfasts anywhere in PTown. I like this one served on their toasted bulky roll. Another favorite is made with sausage on a croissant fresh from The Coffee Pot ovens.
You can get just about any kind of breakfast sandwich you want, served however you’d like it. You can even get shaved steak with grilled onions and cheese served on a roll, croissant, bagel, sweet bread English muffin, or on wheat or white Bread. There’s also a breakfast burrito with eggs, cheese and salsa rolled into a tortilla, and, of course, you can add any meat, if you’d like.
Fresh pastries, brownies, cookies, bagels, croissants, muffins and countless tasty treats roll out of the oven each morning during the height of the summer season, perfect with a dark roast coffee or a vanilla chai, or hot chocolate, cappuccino or a latte. Maybe you’d rather have juice. Whatever you’d like is ready to grab and go, and if you call in your order at 508 487-2580 they can have your meal ready for you to take out. Or you can relax with your breakfast in the dining room and watch the people going by this busy little spot. I ran into a woman there early on opening day who said she wasn’t even hungry, but couldn’t help coming in for breakfast at her usual table looking out on Lopes Square, the very heart of Provincetown.
Of course, you can get lunch as well, with a variety of sandwiches available, including a big lobster roll with more morsels of lobster by weight than you’ll find anywhere else in town. And as the season picks up, there will be fruit and yogurt parfaits, and a variety of salads and daily specials for lunch or supper as their hours begin to extend into the evening once the summer crowds are here.
For now The Coffee Pot is open just for breakfast and lunch, but it gives us a sense of the season’s beginning, and a favorite spot to chat with friends as we start the day. We’re happy to see Linda and Nelson back at it, starting off the 2014 season in Provincetown, and we wish them a happy 25th anniversary.