|Join us in Provincetown for our 2015 Carnival from August 15th through 21st, celebrating a Candy Land theme.|
- What's New? - Paddleboarding
- End of an Era for Adams Pharmacy
- Sail Aboard a Tall Ship, the Kalmar Nyckel, While She's in Provincetown
- PTown's Best Lobster Roll, Chapter One
- Fabled Foodie Anthony Bourdain Visits Old PTown Haunts, Where He Started Out
- Happy 100th Birthday to Provincetown Treasure Ilona Royce Smithkin!
- Provincetown's Oldest House, and a Tale of Two Time Capsules
- Park Rangers Lead PTown Activities Along the Cape Cod National Seashore
- What's New? - The Canteen Opens to Great Acclaim, Already a Best Bite
- An Afternoon at Captain Jack's Wharf
Friday, August 14, 2015
PTown Carnival 2015 Gets Underway
August 15th through the 21st is Provincetown's annual Carnival, with Candy Land as this year's theme. Go to http://ptown.org/carnival to find out what's in the works and to learn about the history of Carnival. There will be a number of parties, an opening reception, a boat cruise, a flag raising ceremony, a costume ball, and of course, our legendary annual parade on Commercial Street, with renowned entertainer Sandra Bernhard as the Grand Marshall. Ms Bernhard will also give a live performance in Town Hall, with award-winning songstress Anne Steele as her opening act.
Learn about events and order tickets on the PBG Carnival Tickets page, along with Tee-shirts, and candy bars promising a total of 25 Golden Tickets, à la Willy Wonka. Trips to Las Vegas and many other PTown and Vegas prizes will be going to folks who find a lucky ticket when they unwrap their candy bars.
Watch for people in costumes to start popping up on Commercial Street as the week progresses, especially on parade day (Thursday) and for Drag Bingo as well, which is a fundraiser for the UU Meetinghouse, where this venerable event is held.