|Join us in Provincetown for our 2015 Carnival from August 15th through 21st, celebrating a Candy Land theme.|
- What's New? - Paddleboarding
- Liz's Cafe Earns TheYearRounder's 'Best Bite' Award in Their Opening Weeks
- Provincetown's Oldest House, and a Tale of Two Time Capsules
- This Day in Boston, 1896, Fannie Farmer's Cookbook is Published - Still a Best Seller
- PTown's Best Lobster Roll, Chapter One
- End of an Era for Adams Pharmacy
- Gathering Provincetown's Wild Mushrooms
- July 4th Fireworks Bonus - Moonrise
- Gather Ye Mushrooms While Ye May
- Fabled Foodie Anthony Bourdain Visits Old PTown Haunts, Where He Started Out
Friday, August 14, 2015
PTown Carnival 2015 Gets Underway
August 15th through the 21st is Provincetown's annual Carnival, with Candy Land as this year's theme. Go to http://ptown.org/carnival to find out what's in the works and to learn about the history of Carnival. There will be a number of parties, an opening reception, a boat cruise, a flag raising ceremony, a costume ball, and of course, our legendary annual parade on Commercial Street, with renowned entertainer Sandra Bernhard as the Grand Marshall. Ms Bernhard will also give a live performance in Town Hall, with award-winning songstress Anne Steele as her opening act.
Learn about events and order tickets on the PBG Carnival Tickets page, along with Tee-shirts, and candy bars promising a total of 25 Golden Tickets, à la Willy Wonka. Trips to Las Vegas and many other PTown and Vegas prizes will be going to folks who find a lucky ticket when they unwrap their candy bars.
Watch for people in costumes to start popping up on Commercial Street as the week progresses, especially on parade day (Thursday) and for Drag Bingo as well, which is a fundraiser for the UU Meetinghouse, where this venerable event is held.