|Join us in Provincetown for our 2015 Carnival from August 15th through 21st, celebrating a Candy Land theme.|
- Fabled Foodie Anthony Bourdain Visits Old PTown Haunts, Where He Started Out
- Quick! Register for PTown's 2015 Community Education Courses
- End of an Era for Adams Pharmacy
- PTown's Best Lobster Roll, Chapter One
- What's New? - Paddleboarding
- Enjoy Provincetown's Amazing Bike Trails
- Don't Miss PTown's Fabulous Carnival Parade, Today Along Commercial Street
- A Bit of History Lies Beneath Fanizzi's Restaurant, Once Again Open Daily
- Provincetown's Town House, or Original Town Hall, From 1854 to 1877
- All Are Welcome as Provincetown's Soup Kitchen Opens for the Season
Friday, August 14, 2015
PTown Carnival 2015 Gets Underway
August 15th through the 21st is Provincetown's annual Carnival, with Candy Land as this year's theme. Go to http://ptown.org/carnival to find out what's in the works and to learn about the history of Carnival. There will be a number of parties, an opening reception, a boat cruise, a flag raising ceremony, a costume ball, and of course, our legendary annual parade on Commercial Street, with renowned entertainer Sandra Bernhard as the Grand Marshall. Ms Bernhard will also give a live performance in Town Hall, with award-winning songstress Anne Steele as her opening act.
Learn about events and order tickets on the PBG Carnival Tickets page, along with Tee-shirts, and candy bars promising a total of 25 Golden Tickets, à la Willy Wonka. Trips to Las Vegas and many other PTown and Vegas prizes will be going to folks who find a lucky ticket when they unwrap their candy bars.
Watch for people in costumes to start popping up on Commercial Street as the week progresses, especially on parade day (Thursday) and for Drag Bingo as well, which is a fundraiser for the UU Meetinghouse, where this venerable event is held.