Fabled Foodie Anthony Bourdain Visits Old PTown Haunts, Where He Started Out
- Fabled Foodie Anthony Bourdain Visits Old PTown Haunts, Where He Started Out
- Dina Martina's Townie Night Previews Smart, Very Funny PTown Entertainment
- PTown's Best Lobster Roll, Chapter One
- Provincetown's Oldest House, and a Tale of Two Time Capsules
- What's New? - Paddleboarding
- Hike The West End Breakwater to Wood End Light
- Holly Folly Offers Provincetown Visitors More Holiday Events Than Ever
- PTown's Punctilious Parking Protocol
- Mistral Ristorante Opens in Provincetown
- Liz's Cafe Earns TheYearRounder's 'Best Bite' Award in Their Opening Weeks
Saturday, June 3, 2017
Provincetown Memorial Day Fire Fund Benefit
Read the posters on this page for details.
First, visit The Underground Bar, down the flight of stairs you'll find at 293 Commercial Street, with music and entertainment getting underway at 9 PM.
With a fire of this magnitude striking at the very beginning of the summer season, dozens upon dozens of people suddenly have no income. Employers, their employees, and even suppliers for these businesses will be hurt by this loss of revenue.
Please help to ease the burden by attending these two events.
Provincetown has the last all-volunteer fire department on Cape Cod. These remarkable men and women have once again saved our bacon, by preventing a very serious fire from spreading to other buildings, wedged cheek-by-jowel into this densely packed, little wooden town. We also thank roughly 50 firefighters from towns as far away as Chatham and Harwich for their assistance and the equipment they brought to quickly squelch the flames and prevent greater damage.
If you can't attend either of these events, or even if you make it to both of them, you can also make a donation to the online account that's been set up to receive contributions to benefit our fire department and the people who lost their incomes in this fire. I had never contributed to this sort of online fundraiser before a couple of nights ago, when I found that this process was quick and painless. It doesn't take more than a moment to make a real difference for folks who can use a little help.
Go to gofundme.com/provincetown-memorial-day-fire-fund to help out our neighbors. You know they would do the same for you!