Don't miss this wonderful performance!
- End of an Era for Adams Pharmacy
- PTown's Best Lobster Roll, Chapter One
- Goodbye to a PTown Summer, and Farewell to Our Friend Khris Francis
- PTown's Best Ice Cream? Lets Find Out, Part One: The Odyssey Begins
- Enjoy Provincetown's Amazing Bike Trails
- Provincetown's Oldest House, and a Tale of Two Time Capsules
- Fabled Foodie Anthony Bourdain Visits Old PTown Haunts, Where He Started Out
- Restaurants, Shops and Galleries Open as Provincetown's 2015 Season Begins
- PTown Snow Brought Dramatic Photo Ops
- A Bit of History Lies Beneath Fanizzi's Restaurant, Once Again Open Daily
Friday, May 16, 2014
Outer Cape Chorale Performs 'Carmina Burana' in Their Annual Spring Concert
The Outer Cape Chorale's annual spring concert, always one of the most highly anticipated performances on Cape Cod, takes place this weekend, beginning tonight. This season's performance will be Carmina Burana, the 1936 cantata composed by Carl Orff, based on poems from the medieval collection of the same name.
This marvelous choir, founded in 2002 by director Jon Arterton, has grown to a chorus of some 130 voices from various Cape Cod towns, united by their love of music of all varieties. They will be joined by musicians on two pianos, and various percussion instruments as well. This is a free concert, open to the public, and all are invited. A good will collection will be taken.
There will be three performances, as follows:
• Friday and Saturday, May 16th and 17th at 7 PM, at Provincetown Town Hall
• Sunday, May 18th at 3 PM, at Nauset Middle School, in Orleans