Don't miss this wonderful performance!
- What's New? - Paddleboarding
- Sail Aboard a Tall Ship, the Kalmar Nyckel, While She's in Provincetown
- Liz's Cafe Earns TheYearRounder's 'Best Bite' Award in Their Opening Weeks
- Provincetown's Oldest House, and a Tale of Two Time Capsules
- Outer Cape Choral Annual Spring Concert This Weekend in Provincetown & Orleans
- Lunch at Far Land Hits the Spot
- Don't Miss the Last Day of the 2015 Women's International Theater Festival
- PTown's Best Lobster Roll, Chapter One
- Box Lunch Clam Chowder Earns TheYearRounder's 'Best Bite' Award
- Vintage Postcards and Photos Reveal Provincetown's Rich History and Culture
Friday, May 16, 2014
Outer Cape Chorale Performs 'Carmina Burana' in Their Annual Spring Concert
The Outer Cape Chorale's annual spring concert, always one of the most highly anticipated performances on Cape Cod, takes place this weekend, beginning tonight. This season's performance will be Carmina Burana, the 1936 cantata composed by Carl Orff, based on poems from the medieval collection of the same name.
This marvelous choir, founded in 2002 by director Jon Arterton, has grown to a chorus of some 130 voices from various Cape Cod towns, united by their love of music of all varieties. They will be joined by musicians on two pianos, and various percussion instruments as well. This is a free concert, open to the public, and all are invited. A good will collection will be taken.
There will be three performances, as follows:
• Friday and Saturday, May 16th and 17th at 7 PM, at Provincetown Town Hall
• Sunday, May 18th at 3 PM, at Nauset Middle School, in Orleans