Don't miss this wonderful performance!
- PTown's Best Lobster Roll, Chapter One
- On PTown Streets During Carnival Week...
- Provincetown's Oldest House, and a Tale of Two Time Capsules
- Fabled Foodie Anthony Bourdain Visits Old PTown Haunts, Where He Started Out
- Entertainment in Provincetown for Memorial Day Weekend, 2013
- Farewell to the Summer of 2015
- PTown's Punctilious Parking Protocol
- Only in Provincetown - A Dog's Life
- By Popular Request, More PTown Carnival, Parade and Drag Bingo Photos...
- Friday is Fish Fry Night in Provincetown
Friday, May 16, 2014
Outer Cape Chorale Performs 'Carmina Burana' in Their Annual Spring Concert
The Outer Cape Chorale's annual spring concert, always one of the most highly anticipated performances on Cape Cod, takes place this weekend, beginning tonight. This season's performance will be Carmina Burana, the 1936 cantata composed by Carl Orff, based on poems from the medieval collection of the same name.
This marvelous choir, founded in 2002 by director Jon Arterton, has grown to a chorus of some 130 voices from various Cape Cod towns, united by their love of music of all varieties. They will be joined by musicians on two pianos, and various percussion instruments as well. This is a free concert, open to the public, and all are invited. A good will collection will be taken.
There will be three performances, as follows:
• Friday and Saturday, May 16th and 17th at 7 PM, at Provincetown Town Hall
• Sunday, May 18th at 3 PM, at Nauset Middle School, in Orleans