|In 1997, Provincetown artist, writer and humorist Jackson Lambert painted this wonderful mural|
on an ugly little cinder block building on Freeman Street, behind the old public library.
- PTown's Best Lobster Roll, Chapter One
- On PTown Streets During Carnival Week...
- Provincetown's Oldest House, and a Tale of Two Time Capsules
- Fabled Foodie Anthony Bourdain Visits Old PTown Haunts, Where He Started Out
- Farewell to the Summer of 2015
- Entertainment in Provincetown for Memorial Day Weekend, 2013
- End of an Era for Adams Pharmacy
- Only in Provincetown - A Dog's Life
- Goodbye to a PTown Summer, and Farewell to Our Friend Khris Francis
- Friday is Fish Fry Night in Provincetown
Sunday, April 26, 2015
PTown's Public Art, Opus 1
Jackson Lambert's 1997 mosaic mural on Freeman Street includes a self-portrait of the artist at work on a painting of the very same mural, so he's a character in the mural, painting a canvas of the mural, while he is actually painting the mural, which stretches all around the building. Stop by and enjoy this clever bit of humor in a remarkable piece of public art.