|In 1997, Provincetown artist, writer and humorist Jackson Lambert painted this wonderful mural|
on an ugly little cinder block building on Freeman Street, behind the old public library.
- End of an Era for Adams Pharmacy
- Despite This Cold Weather, Thousands Enjoy First Light Provincetown, Our 6-Day Celebration of the New Year!
- Provincetown's Oldest House, and a Tale of Two Time Capsules
- Liz's Cafe Earns TheYearRounder's 'Best Bite' Award in Their Opening Weeks
- Mid-April Snow Storm in Provincetown Actually Brought a Pleasant Tranquility
- This Weeks Hot Ticket - Portuguese Fest Clam Feed
- PTown Snow Brought Dramatic Photo Ops
- PTown's Best Lobster Roll, Chapter One
- Get Off the Beaten Path to Find PTown Treasures, Public Art and Hidden Jewels
- Bayside Betsy Bids PTown Farewell
Sunday, April 26, 2015
PTown's Public Art, Opus 1
Jackson Lambert's 1997 mosaic mural on Freeman Street includes a self-portrait of the artist at work on a painting of the very same mural, so he's a character in the mural, painting a canvas of the mural, while he is actually painting the mural, which stretches all around the building. Stop by and enjoy this clever bit of humor in a remarkable piece of public art.