|In 1997, Provincetown artist, writer and humorist Jackson Lambert painted this wonderful mural|
on an ugly little cinder block building on Freeman Street, behind the old public library.
- PTown's Best Lobster Roll, Chapter One
- Happy 100th Birthday to Provincetown Treasure Ilona Royce Smithkin!
- Enjoy Provincetown's Amazing Bike Trails
- End of an Era for Adams Pharmacy
- PTown's Best Ice Cream? Lets Find Out, Part One: The Odyssey Begins
- What's New? - Paddleboarding
- Sail Aboard a Tall Ship, the Kalmar Nyckel, While She's in Provincetown
- Provincetown's Oldest House, and a Tale of Two Time Capsules
- Fabled Foodie Anthony Bourdain Visits Old PTown Haunts, Where He Started Out
- Provincetown History - Cookie's Tap
Sunday, April 26, 2015
PTown's Public Art, Opus 1
Jackson Lambert's 1997 mosaic mural on Freeman Street includes a self-portrait of the artist at work on a painting of the very same mural, so he's a character in the mural, painting a canvas of the mural, while he is actually painting the mural, which stretches all around the building. Stop by and enjoy this clever bit of humor in a remarkable piece of public art.