Fabled Foodie Anthony Bourdain's Visit to Old PTown Haunts, Where He Started Out
- Fabled Foodie Anthony Bourdain Visits Old PTown Haunts, Where He Started Out
- PTown's Best Lobster Roll, Chapter One
- What's New? - Paddleboarding
- Provincetown's Oldest House, and a Tale of Two Time Capsules
- Help Keep Provintown Beaches Clean By What You Do On Commercial Street
- 2014 Provincetown Year-rounders Festival Celebrates PTown's Off-season March 8th
- Enjoy Provincetown's Amazing Bike Trails
- End of an Era for Adams Pharmacy
- PTown's Punctilious Parking Protocol
- Authentic Mexican Food Hits PTown, at Rosie's Traditional Mexican Cantina
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Edie, at the Art House Tonight Only, is This Week's Hot Ticket
Edie's alter ego is Christopher Kenney, who began dancing at the tender age of eight years old, then traveling the world with the ballet company that hired him upon his graduation from high school.
One Halloween, Christopher joined some friends in dressing up, and that night "Edie" was offered her first job as a performer. It sounded like fun, and Christopher decided to give it a try, and soon found the blossoming character of Edie moving in and taking over his life. He says he has rather enjoyed watching Edie's personality develop and mature over the years, taking on new challenges as they come along.
Edie is currently starring as the Mistress of Sensuality in the ultra-sexy Cirque du Soleil extravaganza Zumanity, at the NewYork-New York Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. Having a brief break from the show, Christopher has returned to Provincetown, one of his favorite vacation spots, and when asked to perform as Edie while here, he consented to doing just two shows during the limited time he has before he will return to performing in Las Vegas.
Patrons at the Art House this past Monday were treated to the high-kicking, high-class performance that has made Edie a standout in the world of drag entertainment over the years. One more performance remains, tonight, August 30th, at 10 PM at the Art House. Get tickets online, or visit the box office at the theater, at 214 Commercial Street, opening at 2 PM. Don't miss the playful, zesty and thoroughly entertaining performance promised as Edie takes the stage tonight.