- Sail Aboard a Tall Ship, the Kalmar Nyckel, While She's in Provincetown
- Despite This Cold Weather, Thousands Enjoy First Light Provincetown, Our 6-Day Celebration of the New Year!
- Provincetown's Oldest House, and a Tale of Two Time Capsules
- End of an Era for Adams Pharmacy
- Mid-April Snow Storm in Provincetown Actually Brought a Pleasant Tranquility
- Provincetown's Best Lobster Roll May Well Be at John's Footlong, a Best Bite
- It's Souper Saturday, Benefitting Provincetown's Amazing Soup Kitchen
- Drift Whaling or Strandings Brought an Occasional Bonus to Provincetown Shores.
- PTown Snow Brought Dramatic Photo Ops
- Box Lunch Clam Chowder Earns TheYearRounder's 'Best Bite' Award
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Pilgrim Monument Hosts Magic Show for Kids, Free Museum Visit for All
You'll also have a chance to climb to the top of the Pilgrim Monument, the tallest all-granite structure in the United States. Take your camera with you. The view over Provincetown Harbor and the surrounding area is terrific. On a clear day, from the top of the monument you can see for miles and miles in all directions. It takes the average person about ten minutes to climb to the top, just over 252 feet above the top of the hill, and 350 feet above the harbor.
Take advantage of this chance for free admission to PMPM, and some good fun for the whole family. Walk up High Pole Hill or up Winslow Street, off of Bradford Street behind Town Hall, or find paid parking up Winslow Street at the base of the Pilgrim Monument.