- End of an Era for Adams Pharmacy
- PTown's Best Lobster Roll, Chapter One
- Fabled Foodie Anthony Bourdain Visits Old PTown Haunts, Where He Started Out
- Provincetown's Oldest House, and a Tale of Two Time Capsules
- Authentic Mexican Food Hits PTown, at Rosie's Traditional Mexican Cantina
- What's New? - Paddleboarding
- In Celebration of Nachos, and the Man Who Invented Them!
- Quick! Register for PTown's 2015 Community Education Courses
- A Bit of History Lies Beneath Fanizzi's Restaurant, Once Again Open Daily
- Pick Your Own Beach Plums
Saturday, July 7, 2012
This Week's Hot Ticket - BearCity 2
There are cameo appearances by director Kevin Smith, radio host Frank DeCaro and a number of others, including celebrities well known to PTown visitors, like the Hat Sisters, and Varla Jean Merman, who deftly carves out several scenes for herself while others have only seconds on the screen. But the most breathtaking character is Provincetown itself. Cinematographer Michael Hauer does a remarkable job in capturing the beauty of Provincetown and its surroundings. The streets, the dunes, the harbor... all play a roll in this extremely independent film. Familiar faces and places are fun for PTown residents and visitors to spot throughout the film, with scenes filmed in well known locations like the deck at the Boatslip (or under it.)
This film is quite satisfying, with a good mix of comedy and drama, an enthralling story line, a funny, well written script, great cinematography and good acting throughout. It plays through July 14th at Waters Edge Cinema, at varying times each day, so call 508 487-FILM (3456) for schedules. Tickets are $12 for all tickets. Your film society membership doesn't help you this time. Tickets are available online at http://www.watersedgecinema.org/, but I tried no less than eleven times with no success, so if you have trouble buying tickets online, go early to the theater. The box office opens a half hour before the first show of the day, with tickets on sale for any show that day. Tickets may sell out during Bear Week, so get yours early.